Gain your Level 4 Sports Massage qualification, without needing to do Level 3. This course is ONLY open to Sports Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy students who have completed their first year of degree study.
- Curated and delivered by expert clinicians
- Fully accredited by the FHT
- Comprehensive online learning resources
- Exceptional hands-on practical experience
- Thorough business set-up and career support
- Consistently rated 5-star by course delegates
- Immediate access to 100’s of jobs
- Pay in instalments, without paying more
Where our delegates work
As featured on
One reason that Breeze Academy stands out amongst health and wellness education providers, is our commitment to making education accessible to as many people as possible.
We can do this, through harnessing the very best of our online platform, reducing the need to attend multiple days of face to face lessons, saving our learners £££'s in travel and time away from work. However, we also travel the globe to bring our face to face content to your doorstep.
So, if you have a space that could accommodate up to 15 people, please get in touch and we can get a course booked in at your place of work! Reach out via our contact form, or on [email protected] (we respond to all queries, usually within the hour).
Through FHT accreditation, our University Undergraduate Level 4 Sports Massage course, specifically designed for Physiotherapy and Sports Therapy students is one of the only course in the UK that has been accredited to allow students to enrol directly onto a Level 4 course without previously having completed Level 3.
Further quality assurance is undertaken through Breeze Academy and an external moderator, meaning you can be fully reassured that our Level 4 Sports Massage course meets the highest academic standards.
By studying with Breeze Academy, students in Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation degrees are able to gain their sports massage qualification with a team of experts who are dedicated to creating the very best sports massage therapists.
Our Triple-Locked Quality Assurance
We proudly provide triple-locked quality assurance through our full FHT accreditation, as well as Breeze Academy and external moderator approvals, thus allowing you to book with the confidence that our courses are vetted above and beyond the industry standard and meets the highest standards set in education.
Our Perfect Blend Between Online & Face To Face
Our courses are purposely built with the busy lifestyle in mind – which is why all theory learning occurs through our industry-leading online platform, meaning you can pause, rewind and replay as often as you like. And because the online content is delivered in small chunks, you can access your course whenever and wherever you like – which is perfect for those 5 and 10 minute windows of time.
All of this means that, unlike other courses, you don't have to give up countless weekends to become qualified, but still qualify feeling supremely safe, confident and effective. It also means that our courses are competitively priced.
Our Expert Tuition & Global Experience
Our expertise in the world of physiotherapy, sports therapy and education means we know exactly what makes a great sports massage therapist. In turn, we properly prepare course delegates for the clinical settings that they will soon find themselves in once they graduate.
Our tutors have built ultra-successful therapy businesses, gained degrees in physiotherapy and sports therapy, and established their research credentials through MSc and PhD study and subsequent peer-reviewed publications. We have an abundance of knowledge and experience to pass on to you, and ensure you complete the course head and shoulders above other newly qualified therapists.
Our Career Support & Guidance
As soon as you graduate, you will automatically gain access to hundreds of job opportunities, whilst also becoming a member of an international register and gaining your insurance. In addition, as part of the course, we also get you business ready through our bespoke lessons on setting up your own business and securing positions within the industry. Furthermore learners who sign up with us, will automatically get a 15% discount with one of the leading sports massage equipment providers, Physique.
Where Level 3 training prepares you to use Sports Massage for pre and post sporting events, Level 4 training opens up your opportunities to provide Sports Massage as a treatment. Building upon your first year of degree study in Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy, you are presented with in-depth knowledge of a broader range of techniques and injuries than you would at Level 3.
You will be ready for injury management, being able to effectively assess clients, delving into the clinical reasoning aspect of Sports Massage, and how to effectively implement advanced sports massage techniques to aid the recovery of common soft tissue injuries.
Breeze Academy are one of the only direct-to-level 4 Sports Massage trainer. The only people who can apply for our University Undergraduate Level 4 Sports Massage course are Sports Therapy and Physiotherapy students who have completed Year 1 of their degree study.
The Learning outcomes are as follows:
Knowledge & Understanding
- The MSK anatomy of the major joints of the body
- Pathophysiology of common injuries/soft tissue patterns of dysfunction
- The principles and practice of objective assessment techniques and the influences and effects which such information has upon treatment planning
- How heat and ice may be used to safely support the soft tissue repair process
- The purpose and use of a range of soft tissue mobilisation and neuromuscular techniques used within sports massage therapy.
- Conducting subjective and objective assessments
- Devising sports massage treatment plans to help correct identified areas of soft tissue dysfunction and /or support the soft tissue repair process of previously diagnosed injuries
- Application of a range of soft tissue mobilisation and neuromuscular techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
We prepare you fully for all assessments, taking away unnecessary stress and ensuring you feel confident. Given our extensive experience in teaching and assessment, our level 4 training programme delivers to you exactly the right level of knowledge needed to successfully pass the course and to then make use of your new skills in your career. Taking you to a deeper level of understanding, the level 4 assessment includes:
- Practical AssessmentsYou will be assessed formatively over the three face to face days demonstrating a range of Level 4 massage techniques. You will also be required to complete a short summative practical assessment on the final day to demonstrate a selection of advanced massage techniques and objective special tests.
- Post CourseYou will have 3 case studies to complete on our online learning platform based on three sporting injuries. The subjective history and injury overview will be provided and you will need to complete an objective assessment and treatment plan to meet the needs of the patient. This will be released as part 2 after the face to face event, and once we have received your full course fee.
Meet your tutor
- MSc Sport Rehabilitation, Bolton University
- MEd Education Leadership, Edge Hill University
- PGCE in Adult Education, Greenwich University
- BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science, Manchester Metropolitan University
Course bookingsRequest this course near you
Northumbria University, UK (Fully booked)
20th - 22nd Jan 2023 (8:45 AM - 5:00 PM)
£495.00 • Northumbria University, UK (Fully booked)
University of Gloucestershire
27th Feb - 1st Mar 2023 (8:45 AM - 5:00 PM)
£495.00 • University of Gloucestershire, Oxstalls Campus, Oxstalls Lane, Longlevens, Gloucester UK
University of South Wales, UK
25th - 27th Mar 2023 (8:45 AM - 4:45 PM)
£495.00 • University of South Wales, Sport Park, Pontypridd, UK
Plymouth University, UK
28th - 30th Apr 2023 (8:45 AM - 5:00 PM)
£495.00 • Plymouth University
University of Chichester
7th - 9th Jun 2023 (8:45 AM - 5:00 PM)
£495.00 • University of Chichester, College Lane, Chichester, UK