- The UK's leading acupuncture & dry needling education provider
- The ONLY education provider to offer Advanced Acupuncture Training
- Globally trusted acupuncture and dry needling tutor
- Over 30 years' teaching experience worldwide
- Consistently rated 5-star by healthcare professionals
- Clinical reasoning at the heart of delivery
- Courses in every major UK city
- Triple-locked quality assurance
- Governing body compliant
- If you prefer, pay over three months
Where our delegates work
As featured on
One reason that Breeze Academy stands out amongst health and wellness education providers, is our commitment to making education accessible to as many people as possible.
We can do this, through harnessing the very best of our online platform, reducing the need to attend multiple days of face to face lessons, saving our learners £££'s in travel and time away from work. However, we also travel the globe to bring our face to face content to your doorstep.
So, if you have a space that could accommodate up to 15 people, please get in touch and we can get a course booked in at your place of work! Reach out via our contact form, or on [email protected] (we respond to all queries, usually within the hour).
You will need to be a regulated healthcare professional who has completed foundation training in acupuncture and dry needling. Yet to complete your foundation training? We have upcoming courses in every major city in the UK. Find your nearest foundation course here.
(Please not applicants who have completed a non-Breeze Academy course, should check their eligibility with us at [email protected])
We bring to you over 50 years' experience of acupuncture clinical use, research and teaching to guide you through advanced acupuncture practice.
Learn new acupoints, delve into deeper western and TCM theoretical principles, to ultimately offer acupuncture to more people, with even greater outcomes.
This advanced acupuncture course aims to build on skills gained during your Foundation Course. It looks to question your practice as it stands, develop your thinking behind point choice and application, and expand your choice of techniques to widen the use of acupuncture in your clinical practice.
Delivered by Lynn and Carl, this course is a unique blend of online and face-to-face teaching*, which means you have the opportunity to pause, rewind and replay theory lessons as many times as you like. The two days of face to face training briefly revisits fundamental needling techniques, before exploring needle application throughout the thorax, abdomen, face & head and the four limbs.
*Online access for 6 months
In this acupuncture course, we will expand a number of things touched on during the Foundation course.
We will revisit the evidence-based approach regarding the implementation of acupuncture and question when is the best time to intervene, given different stages of injury and healing? We will also explore through experiential learning the local effects of acupuncture with different styles of needling, and specific techniques for particular areas and injuries.
We will look at the pertinent and up-to-date evidence supporting the use of acupuncture, whilst developing your needling skills aiming to provide dramatic results for your clients, offering them a comprehensive package of pain relief and wellbeing.
- We will add to the needling practices as taught on the Foundation Course with effective needling techniques upon the four limbs, abdomen, thorax, spine, head and face.
- Emphasis on palpation and exploration skills with the acupuncture needle.
- ‘Recipes’ for the spinal region will be broken down with clinical reasoning as to their usefulness using both Western and Chinese Medical reasoning.
- Addition of new and extra points not previously covered.
- Pulling together acupuncture point choices for the thoracic and pelvic girdle.
- Introduction of some of the Chinese Medical Model components that cover established historical development for point choice and treatment of the ‘whole person' (Notably based around 5-element theory).
All of the above is underpinned with an understanding of contraindications, precautions and potential side effects of acupuncture & dry needling as well as an emphasis on the safe application of needling at all times and effective management of needling side effects.
With theoretical knowledge and application reviewed from both a Western and Chinese Medicine (CM) perspective, this next level course will take you through further applications and techniques, allowing you to confidently apply acupuncture for the treatment of:
- Acute or persistent pain, anywhere in the body
- Acute local injury
- Stress and anxiety
- General wellbeing
- Treating the whole – assessing the person in front of you and their baseline constitution
Once you book onto this course, you’ll be given access to our online training platform where you’ll be required to complete a series of modules prior to the face-to-face training component of the course. We need you, the delegate, to feel ready and confident before attending face-to-face training, and the online lessons allow you to revisit learning in a much more meaningful and engaging format both during and after the course*.
The face to face workshop spans two days, and is predominately practical based skills learning.
This course aims to be fun, practical and engaging, and have clinical reasoning at the heart of delivery, meaning that you’ll be able to apply your learning into case scenarios immediately. Furthermore, you’ll feel confident to expand your acupuncture and dry needling from day one after the course, meaning you get to put your learning into real situations right away.
*access to online content available for 6 months
In line with common standards of acupuncture and dry needling education, there will be a safety test during the course and theoretical case studies to complete and discuss within the course framework.
We deliver acupuncture and dry needling courses across the globe, and have courses running in every major city in the UK. We are triple-locked quality assured, meaning you can be confident that we offer the very best in education.
We are the only UK provider of Advanced Acupuncture Training.
Our History, Heritage & Global Reputation
Our education is led by Dr Carl Clarkson and his team of enthusiastic needling tutors, who strive to put the learner at the centre of everything we do. We have a rich education and academic background, including MSc, PhD and countless hours delivering exceptional quality learning experiences across the globe.
This particular course has as its lead, Lynn Pearce, a tutor who has led acupuncture education in the UK for over 30 years. Lynn's textbook remains to be the cornerstone recommendation to all needling students with Breeze Academy.
Our Unique Blend Of Online & Face To Face
Carefully curated online content, both before and after the face-to-face component, allows you access to high quality education whenever and wherever you want – pause, replay and rewind to your heart’s content. We provide the best in online acupuncture and dry needling training to guarantee that you feel ready and confident when attending face-to-face training, whilst also providing you with the option to revisit learning in a much more meaningful and engaging format during and after the course.
Our Fully Evidence-Based Approach
We combine the latest research with practical, clinically relevant teaching to ensure you receive a fully evidence-based approach to the implementation of acupuncture. Clinical reasoning is always centre-stage for Breeze Academy, paying respectful attention to the history that has shaped practice in both the Western world and Eastern world to have a more rounded acupuncture and personal experience of broader practice ideas.
Meet your tutor
- BA (Humanities - Open University) 2012
- Certificate in Medical Education, Staffordshire University, School of Health 2001-2002
- Licentiate in Acupuncture, British College of Acupuncture London 1991-1993
- Acupuncture training at Centre for Study of Complementary Therapies Southampton, 1989
- Graduate Diploma on Physiotherapy, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. 1979-1982
- Co-editor of ‘The Definitive Guide to Acupuncture Points - A Practical Approach (Third Edition Chris Jarmey with Lynn Pearce) published 2021
- Advanced Member and Accredited Tutor for the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists. Frequent lecturer at AACP Conferences
- Senior Lecturer at MSc in Acupuncture at Coventry University